Product Design and Testing
Customer requirement is at the heart of Ducab’s business; specialists can design and customize cables to suit specific projects. Ducab products are designed and manufactured to the highest national and international standards; they are NSW, CABLAB and EXOVA approved.
At Ducab, safety is a priority, all products are designed to ensure the latest technology is used in our manufacturing and testing process. Using advanced design technology, that calculates the current rating of cables amongst other key parameters, customers are offered design recommendations that are realistic and safe. Innovation is at the heart of Ducab’s technical department whose goal is to expand product development to cater to the needs of all customers.
At Ducab we provide free technical and design consultancy services in the following areas.
- Product Design
- Cable Selection
- Fault Finding and Trouble Shooting
Using the latest technology equipment, we carry out a full range of Routine Sample and Type Tests as per BS, IEC, AS/NZS and other national and international standards. Test equipments at Ducab are verified by BASEC, a UKAS accredited third-party certification body.
Our testing facilities and equipment include
- 8 test laboratories between 3 manufacturing sites
- HV test facility up to 600 kV
- Partial discharge test system with screened room facility
- Dielectric loss angle measurement
- Fully equipped Fire, Smoke and Halogen emission test facilities
- LF and HF test systems for instrumentation and pilot cables
- Fully equipped materials test laboratories